Wednesday, November 12, 2008

#6: Law of Photography

I wish to put in a law about photography in general. I really would love to have every person in the US to snap some sort of picture of a beautiful sunset, sunrise, or just something about nature in general. Being a huge fan of photographs of nature and peaceful moments, I'd want to see a great deal of books about taking pictures and photos in general. I would want there to be a camera in every household in the USA. If there wasn't, then we would make one available to every person, sort of like the No Child Left Behind agreement that our old president came up with. And if you decided to break the rules, I'd possibly go easy on you- or not. I'd force that person to write a ten thousand word essay on why they chose to not take pictures for the world to see. It's a lot of words, but like they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words." That, or you could go and choose to take five hundred different pictures of places you have seen or go and see in the near future. There's also the issue of copy writing- if someone stole a picture from another and claimed it as their own, not only wold they have to apologize publicly, but they would also have to pay a fine of $250.00. It might seem like a lot of money for a simple photo, but in a sense, it's like stealing art. You just don't do it. The pictures wouldn't have to be of anything very special, either- it could be just a tree swaying in the backyard or a natural disaster aftermath. It's all about capturing the moment, and there are many moments this world has to offer. We catch too few of them, and so many people don't want to get them in the moment. I want that changed.

4 comments:

Gobl1nmast4r said...

I'd vote against this inane law. If it was passed, I'd calmly go along with the new administration. They couldn't know everything about us, so I could avoid this. I'd put in some complaint like "I've not had the opportunity to take awesome pictures," and put it off. Therefore, I would break this law by "accident."

Gobl1nmast4r said...

I'd truly do this on purpose because there's no point in forcing art on someone who might not understand it.

Montag said...

I'd vote for this law.
Photography is one of the easiest art forms. It doesn't take much. Shoot and snap. I would most indefinitely not break this law. Even just using a little Kodak cam. It's so basic and simple. All you have to do is see something you like and capture that moment. I think it would be a great way to get people to express themselves. : )

Anonymous said...

Meh, I don't think I'd vote for it. I think that photogrpahy is something specific to those who enjoy it. You wouldnt legally require the most awful painter in the world to paint some pristine vista and have them parade it to the world would you? No, because art is for the artists. Besides, it would take away from the people who take pride in their work in this field and who would probably view this with disdain. I would definately break it because I have no love for photography and don't even own a camera. It would be a horrible inconvenience for those who don't have time enough to care about it, so naw I'm going to say no.