Tuesday, October 28, 2008

#5: Monster Pet

This is a deagle. A hybrid cross between a dog and an eagle, this magnificent creature lives in the northernmost Rocky Mountains. It is known to live by itself, and the only natural ones left are of the male species. The female deagles did not go to breed with the males in time, seeing as they had to care for their young while in the face of hunger and enemies. Yes, the deagles have enemies, namely that of the wolves that roam the land in search for fresh meat. As time has passed, the deagles have lost all ability to fly-- their wings disappearing off their backs, seeing as they have no reason to actually flee except to protect their children. The deagle is a surprisingly docile creature, attacking only when provoked and when defending their nest. It's an omnivore, feasting on ferns in the trees and other small rodents, such as mice and squirrels, when possible. It's true that this species is nigh near extinct, but that doesn't mean that cloning cannot help bring possibly bring the species back in the future. The deagle is quite the docile animal once you study it in its natural habitat, possibly even lovable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having the deagle for a pet would be...interesting. For one thing, it would be nice to have a creature that can ACTUALLY take care of mice and rodents in my house, yet I would still fear for my herb garden. Having a soft fuzzy creature around would be fun, but im not quite sure that my fingers would remain attached for long by looking at its head. I would also be rather confused about the whole bodily functions thing. Do I take it out when it has to go, or do I have a litter box. I suppose it would be interesting to find out if it has dog poop or the white, nasty, eagle kind of poop though. Then, when it starts breeding, it would start building nests in my home and ruin the decor. Then when I try to get rid of the nests, I would get attacked by my own bet! Overall though, it weighs even and would be a pretty cool pet!

Ursa Major said...

I would love to have a deagle for a pet!!! I can just imagine myself hiking around the mountains with this fuzzy, feathery friend. The docility and attacking only when provoked are good characteristics. It sounds easy to feed. In its natural habitat it could forage for itself, so it would be easy to care for. It's definitely not a suburbian pet... Though it's docile, it would seem cruel to keep it behind a fence, and heaven forbid, indoors. Plus, it's so cute!