Wednesday, September 24, 2008

#3: Beautiful Soul

As the clouds reflect on the water, you can see that there's a sort of serenity on the lake. It feels like ice as my feet dip inside its unmoved reflection. I see the water and allow it to move the mountains, giving me this kind of serenity. It's almost as if I'm being transported to another land; I have fallen in love with the landscape instantly. The waters of the lake make me wish I could drink from its liquid goodness, restoring in me some of my life. I guess I could consider it the 'water of life,' in a sense. As I listen to the water touch the boulders, I think about the serenity of the lake. Water is music- the pitter-patter of waves in synchronization with the rhythm of time itself. Even if there are no waves on the water, the ripple effect just seems to move me. Someday, I want to taste this water- it looks to be some of the purest you can find on the planet. The liquid runs down my throat, quenching my thirst for something other than that which comes from a shower-head. There might not be a flavor to the water, but I couldn't care less. I love it all the same. This lake is clearer than a wine glass right now, even though I see my reflection. And while I watch the ripples pan out and listen to its heartbeat, I can't help but wonder if anyone else can see the beauty of the lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I think you did a really good job taking a picture that you could describe so well. Your imagery was great and i really liked how you described the water as being extremely pure and how you said that the water was music, which really makes sense. The fact that the water is ice cold and its very restorative also were really good touches. One thing that I would change however was that you used the word serene/serentity a few times so you could find some synonyms for that. Also, you really went into the water of the place but I would also really like to hear more about those stunning mountains too, as they would seem to be really significant as well. You did a really good job though, and now I think i'm going to go get a glass of cold water! =]

Montag said...

I thought this was very well put. My favorite part was when you "moved the mountains." I liked the irony of the statement, how moving mountains seems impossible, but somehow you've done it. Very nice. The only thing I'd look our for is over-using some words, like serenity. It's a beautiful word, and I myself enjoy using lovely words, but look out when you use them because you have to use the sparingly. But all together, nice job! : )